As some of you may recall, and probably many of you do not, the Townehouse Blog began life in 2010 under the name “Unorganized Thoughts”. Although the blog has undergone several name changes since then, the author of the blogs (me) continues to have random and unorganized thoughts. Typically, I share these thoughts individually and one at a time on various social media venues but for your benefit as subscriber (or potential subscriber) of this blog, I present a collection of some thoughts thus far generated in 2018.
Random and Unorganized Thoughts:
- I wonder, when one finds a sparrow trapped in their garage, and then provides a safe means of egress for the sparrow, does the sparrow, on its way out, feel a measure of gratitude for this act of kindness?
- Wouldn’t it be nice if wall clocks were designed so that one could adjust the time without having to remove the clock from the wall.
- There is some misunderstanding about what a semi-automatic weapon is. Just to keep the record straight, An automatic firearm continuously fires rounds as long as the trigger is pressed or held and there is ammunition in the magazine/chamber. In contrast, a semi-automatic firearm fires one round with each individual trigger-pull.
- This too shall pass. Eventually something else will bubble up to the surface that we all will use to foster ridiculous debate, name calling, and hate speech. In the meantime, I will maintain a posture of civility and calm. I will take a logical approach of trying to do what is possible, not what is “pie in the sky”. If calm and reason prevail we might collectively find a solution, but sadly, that is not very likely to happen.
- Up until I took my position as a produce clerk at Kroger, I always thought the term work referred to a place you went to each day.
- When I was a boy, I would always make some pocket-money on days like this by shoveling sidewalks and driveways. As I look outside the streets are bare of young people with snow shovels over their shoulders seeking work. I guess I will have to risk “a heart attack or sudden cardiac death” and do it myself. Ahh, the plight of the elderly!
- Remember when good customer service was a concept embraced by most businesses?
- Wouldn’t it be a perfect world if one could go sled riding in warm weather?
It seems that since I reached the age of “over the hill” some years back and am well on my way down the slope of the other side of that hill, my random and unorganized thoughts don’t pop into my head with the same regularity as they once did. Thought regularity (and other regularities) are not as common as they once were. All of this has been a very round about way of saying that I have been “writer blocked” for some time now. When I do think of something I want to write about I either do not have the momentum to start typing, or the concept is something controversial and I am tired of all the back lash that is generated when I hold an opinion on something contrary to the opinion of another. So the answer seems to be that to avoid controversy I must restrict my thought process to the senseless and the inane.
Those are my thoughts, what are yours?
Feel free to comment, like, share, agree or disagree with this post. Please consider a free subscription. Options to like and subscribe can be found elsewhere on the page. Thank you for reading the Townehouse Blog.
This material may be published, broadcast, or redistributed. In fact, I encourage it.
You should be passing along your wisdom in a series of thoughts on the advice you would have liked to had received as a younger man (or woman) about life, age, money, love, work, tools, clothes, etc. You have been around a long time and have accumulated a wealth of knowledge on many topics. These type of posts can easily avoid the politic, religion, etc that causes many of us so much grief and disconnect – they would simply be bits of advice that many others without your experience could benefit from.
Thanks. I will give that some thought. Only have to be sure not to seem overbearing or boring. :}