Who Do You Trust?

Who Do You Trust?I was thinking the other day about how many people we come into contact with each day, and how often we are required to put full trust into an individual that we do not know anything about. We have people in our lives each day that literally hold our lives in our hands and we have to just assume they are what they present themselves to be. Now I do not want to sound paranoid, but after having this consideration, I started looking around more closely and sometimes it is scary.

If you are a bus rider you might have to put your trust into an aging, over-weight bus driver. This driver is controlling tons of glass and metal, careening down the highway on wet pavement. You have to trust his heat is sound and that he did not wake up that morning despondent and with suicidal tendencies. You have to trust that as he takes the exit ramp with the hard left curb that he will break in time. You have to trust this person with your life.

What about restaurant workers? You have to trust that these people are healthy and wash regularly. You have to trust they wash after using the restroom, and you have to trust that the waitress you saw banging her boyfriend in the back seat of her car at the back of the parking lot washed her hands as she rushed in, trying to make her shift on time.  (True story) You have to trust these people with your health.

And there are many random people you have to trust. You have to trust that the motorist coming towards you as you cross the street is paying attention. You have to trust that the mechanic that fixed your brakes was not in a hurry, and did not cut corners, and the brakes will not fail when you need them most. I could go on and on, but I think I made my point. You have to trust that your boss will do the right thing and make the right decisions when unethical actions are reported the him or her. If the motorist, or the mechanic, or your boss are looking the other way, then the consequences could be dire.

And there you have it. What happens when I have free time to just sit and think about things. Do your part to close the trust gap.

“So it is written so shall it be”



Tom Lind

View posts by Tom Lind
If you want to know something about me or have a question about this website, send your question via the Feedback Form and I will be happy to respond.


  1. judi aka judy aka judithDecember 10, 2012

    I never worry about anything that makes sense to worry aout. I worry about utterly ridiculous things that would never happen! Perhaps you should be thinking of a very time consuming hobby that keeps your brain engaged with no place for scary thoughts to creep in before you retire! At one time you were the only one of the sibs that had not been on psychiatric meds at one time or another but perhaps it is time for you to join us!!!! 🙂

  2. TomDecember 10, 2012

    I believe we only use 10% of our brain, that still leaves 90% to devote to worry about other things. 🙂


Feel free to comment, why should I have the last word.

Scroll to top